The Clemson Photography Club was formed in 2009 by Karin Emmons who is employed by Parks, Recreation and Tourism (PRTM) Department at Clemson University and Russ Warmath working with PRTM’s Outdoor Laboratory at the time. Shortly after our efforts to get rolling, Del Kimbler, Professor of Industrial Engineering at Clemson University became a founding member.
We created the club based on the following:
- Create an environment for learning about photography and participating in photographic activities
- Sharing our knowledge to assist each other in becoming better photographers and teaching others who desired to learn
- And to have fun in our hobby
During these years, we have expanded club activities to include:
- Juried Member Photo Exhibit held in the fall of each year
- Member Web site
- Participation in the Photographic Society of America (PSA) juried exhibits (we have honorable mention awardees in our club)
- Photographic field trips
- We partner with the OSHER Life Long Learning Institute (OLLI) at Clemson University where our club meetings are held from 5:00pm-6:30pm on the 3rd Monday of each month. We offer photography oriented classes to OLLI’s membership (see OLLI’s Courses and search for photography or view their OLLI’s Facebook site)
- Photographic workshops by members for members
- Well known and member speakers at monthly meetings
And we hope to keep our activities and successes rolling!
Thank you for visiting our website! We hope that it provided you with information you deem useful. If interested in coming to two free meetings and becoming members, click on the links provided.
We look forward to seeing you in the future!
The Board of Directors