-We discussed what the primary meeting content should be. Some instruction will be necessary to get the majority of the group to a level of proficiency using Lightroom. My preference for this is a mix of video instruction and one on one demonstration. The better online instructors (We know who they are) are more experienced and organized than most of our members. Their videos are better than anything we could produce and are entertaining. Users questions are best answered after a presentation or one on one and we will provide time for that.
-Watching some instructional videos on your own and editing a few hundred pictures will get most people 80 percent of what they need to get started in Lightroom, Photoshop may be a different story.
-At the next meeting there will be a short (not more than ½ hour) presentation on setting up the Lightroom Catalog and importing pictures, followed by experienced members working with those that want help.
-Weblinks to video instruction and free ebooks will also be provided.
– The Photoshop piece of the User group will need some help from experienced users to provide interest to both experienced and novice users. The groups may separate during the meetings or have a separate meeting. We will evolve, if no one steps up to coordinate Photoshop discussions we will drop the Photoshop piece. (Sorry, I have limits and have practice saying NO to unreasonable demands.)
-A discussion on how Adobe Photoshop Elements fits in with what we plan on doing was held. There are many similarities and shared capabilities between all three programs (and many other editing programs) but we simply can’t cover everything and don’t intend to try. That said, moving back and forth between Lightroom, Photoshop, ON1, Google Nik, and others probably be discussion topics as we go.
Otto’s responsibilities include:
- Publish meeting notes to the Club website by a Blog entry and email.
- Include any Weblinks discussed or used during the meetings.
- Schedule meetings and coordinate with OLLI as space requirements change.
- Present information on recent Lightroom changes and updates.
- Maintain a Lightroom reference section on the Club webpage.
Here are links to the two videos shown during the meeting:
One other video (for everybody) I mentioned on organizing:
The next meeting will be held on Friday March 17th at 1:00 pm in the OLLI auditorium unless otherwise notified.